ISIS chops off hands of 2 kids for refusing order to kill captives
In a report released on Thursday, Iraqi News said "members of the Islamic State terrorist group amputated the hands of two children for refusing to carry out the execution sentence on two civilians in front of their families."
Citing a local source, the Iraqi online news outlet said the two children who were severely punished were aged 10 and 12 years old. They were part of a group of children based in ISIS camps in Nineveh, Iraq, the report said.
ISIS has released a video showing children and pensioners being forced to carry out executions of prisoners. In December 2016, an apprehended would-be suicide bomber described how the ISIS leadership is training children to fill the group's depleted ranks as their fighters come under relentless attacks from Iraqi and other coalition forces.
The 15-year-old Iraqi boy named Mahmoud Ahmed had second thoughts in carrying out a suicide mission in Kirkuk, Iraq in August last year. Ahmed confessed that he was one of dozens of other children who were being indoctrinated in jihadist doctrine and trained as young warriors.
Kurdish intelligence officials said there are thousands of other children across Iraq and Syria who are being trained by ISIS to fight and carry out suicide attacks. Some of the children are as young as nine years old. ISIS is using child soldiers because they are harder to detect by enemy forces and because they are also easily duped.
Read also
Over 40 people baptized in Uganda
The Bishop of Jinja and Eastern Uganda thanked Greek benefactors for their support in missionary work.
UOC and the Bulgarian Church hierarchs discuss aid to Ukrainian refugees
The meeting of the rector of the Pochaiv Seminary with Metropolitan Arseniy and the mayor of Burgas was devoted to social and spiritual support for displaced persons.
17th-century synagogue vandalized in Husiatyn
The historic synagogue building holds the status of an architectural monument of national significance.
Rector of UOC church in Nova Pliasheva detained at Dubno TRC
Archpriest Sviatoslav Varnava was stopped on his way to a funeral and taken to the TRC in Dubno.
Orthodox Church celebrates the Transfiguration of Our Lord
On Mount Tabor, Christ revealed His Divine glory to His disciples.
Court suspends case seeking closure of Korets Monastery
The Administrative Court of Appeal has suspended consideration of DESS’s lawsuit seeking to terminate the activities of the Korets Monastery pending a review of the issue concerning the monastery’s counterclaim.