Another provocation of S14 near Tithes Monastery

S14 arranged another provocation near the Tithes Monastery

A small group of right-wing radicals came to the walls of the Tithes Monastery of the Nativity of the Theotokos to arrange a "performance". The radicals posted a video about their action on their Facebook page.

The activists lit flares and started shouting "Get FSB out of Ukraine!", "Crimea is ours!", "Glory to the nation – death to enemies!"

A clergyman, who followed the shouts, was questioned if he knew that on March 18 was the anniversary of the occupation of the Crimea.

Hearing in reply that the priest considered the Crimea Ukrainian, they began to accuse his "colleagues", in particular the viceroy of the Kiev-Pechersk Lavra, Metropolitan Pavel of Vyshgorod and Chernobyl, that he does not consider the Crimea Ukrainian, but they failed to repeat what Vladyka Pavel said.

When asked about the purpose of their arrival, they said that the monastery was built without documents, and when they heard that there were documents, they began to assert that they had been received illegally not so long before.

Eventually, radicals withdrew, under the pretext of the frost and seeing parishioners gathering at the monastery.

The question of the legitimacy of the construction of the Tithes Church in Kiev has been commented not once by the head of the Legal Department of the UOC, Protopriest Alexander Bakhov, who showed the documents on the basis of which the temple was built.

On January 25, radicals from S14 tried to break into the Tithes Monastery, and at night attempted to commit arson. On February 3, about 200 radicals held a protest near the walls of the monastery, threatening to dismantle the temple. More than three thousand Orthodox Kiev residents came to support the monastery's brethren that day.

Read also

Priests and laity of Rivne Eparchy donate blood for children with cancer

In Rivne, the UOC clergy and laity have donated blood for children undergoing treatment for cancer.

Kyiv seminary students meet with People’s Artist Larisa Kadochnikova

Students of Kyiv’s theological schools spoke with the legend of Ukrainian cinema, who shared her memories of filming "Shadows of Forgotten Ancestors".

Bancheny Monastery reports provocation

The UOC monastery in Bancheny has reported a provocation by unidentified individuals.

Romanian Church to hold joint prayer for peace in Ukraine

On the fourth anniversary of the beginning of the war in Ukraine, special prayers for an end to the hostility will be offered in all churches of the Romanian Patriarchate, both in the country and abroad.

Armenian bishops call on authorities to stop Church persecution

At a meeting in Austria, hierarchs of the Armenian Apostolic Church reaffirmed their faithfulness to Catholicos Karekin II of All Armenians and called on the authorities to stop the persecution of the clergy.

Italian media: Ukrainian authorities persecute the country’s largest confession

The Italian outlet L’Identità reported on mass searches, the arrests of clergy, and the ban on the Ukrainian Orthodox Church, which it describes as the largest Church in Ukraine.