Met. Mitrofan: The world keeps silent about pressure on UOC

Head of the UOC Department for External Church Relations, Metropolitan Mitrofan of Lugansk and Alchevsk

Head of the UOC Department for External Church Relations, Metropolitan Mitrofan of Lugansk and Alchevsk spoke about the reaction of various international structures to the facts of oppression of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church on the “1Kozak” TV channel.

“All direct violations of the Constitution that occur today in different regions of Ukraine while transferring to a new church structure, often with violence and participation of local authorities, are monitored, documented and forwarded to relevant international human rights organizations,” said Metropolitan Mitrofan.

Vladyka recalled that the situation is being monitored by the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission, which, during its visits to the eparchies, records violations of the rights of UOC believers.

“But so far, we don’t see any explicit reaction from international organizations,” admitted the head of the UOC Department for External Church Relations. “There is a conscious silence about the church situation in Ukraine, dictated from the outside, in the world,” says Metropolitan Mitrofan.

Vladyka expressed the hope that international organizations and the world community would nevertheless draw the right conclusions and influence that at the state level so that persecution, oppression, and pressure on the Church would be stopped.

We recall that the head of the UOC Representative Office to European International Organizations Bishop Victor of Baryshevka agreed to inform the European Union about the situation of UOC believers through the NGO “Human Rights Without Frontiers”.

As the UOJ reported, in connection with numerous cases of human rights violations and the threat of escalation of religious conflicts, Bishop Victor of Baryshevka appealed to officials of the UN, OSCE, EU and other countries to influence the situation in Ukraine.

 

Read also

"Stigmatization based on faith": DESS reprimands TSN for story about Muslims

DESS criticized TSN because "the investigation in the "1+1" news story immediately took on an accusatory bias, and the accused themselves were not given a voice."

His Beatitude Onuphry: Through fasting, man returns to Paradise

On Forgiveness Sunday, His Beatitude Metropolitan Onuphry reminded the faithful about Adam's fall and urged them to repent before Great Lent.

Archbishop of Greece speaks about his successor and the Church's future

On the occasion of the 18th anniversary of his leadership of the Greek Church, the Primate gave an interview in which he spoke about relations with the state, the situation in Sinai, and the challenges of the modern world.

In Barcelona, Sagrada Familia’s central tower completed after 144 years

In Barcelona, a glass cross was installed on the Sagrada Familia temple, completing the central tower and bringing the building to the height of 172.5 meters.

On Forgiveness Sunday, His Beatitude Onuphry celebrates Liturgy at Lavra

During Cheesefare Week, His Beatitude Metropolitan Onuphry celebrated the Liturgy at the Kiev-Pechersk Lavra, addressed the flock with a sermon, and offered prayers for peace and the preservation of Ukraine's people.

In Hnidyn, St. Nicholas Church of UOC damaged by shelling

As a result of shelling, the St. Nicholas Church of the UOC in the village of Hnidyn of the Boryspil Eparchy was damaged.