Bobly believers tell OSCE officials about religious conflict in the village
Believers of the Volyn village of Bobly told OSCE representatives about the religious conflict. Photo: facebook.com
On September 24, 2019, representatives of the OSCE Mission met with believers of the Holy Protection Church (UOC) in the village of Bobly of the Turiisk district, Volyn region, the deputy of the Turiisk District Council Vladimir Krasulia reports on Facebook.
“Testimonies of victims and witnesses of crimes, written and video materials were provided. The OSCE officials recorded everything. The church community is waiting for a quick solution to the problem because they say: “It is getting cold to pray outdoors,” writes Vladimir Krasulia.
As reported, on August 11, 2019, OCU representatives, while singing “prayers” by their “priests”, illegally entered the Holy Protection Church in the village of Bobly of the Turiisk district, Volyn region, and had a fight right in the church. As a result of the provocation, the UOC believers wrote a statement to the police on the fact of illegal entry into the church building and deliberate bodily harm.
We recall that this is not the first provocation on the part of the representatives of the OCU in Bobly. This spring, the UOC community was illegally re-registered into the OCU. At the same time, as Archpriest Vladimir Matsuri, the press secretary of the Vladimir-Volynsky Eparchy of the UOC, said, only 25 people voted for the transfer to the OCU, while the majority of 956 villagers who are real parishioners of the Holy Protection Church decided to remain in the bosom of the canonical Church. On August 4, OCU activists attempted to take away the temple, but parishioners defended it.
Read also
Court suspends case seeking closure of Korets Monastery
The Administrative Court of Appeal has suspended consideration of DESS’s lawsuit seeking to terminate the activities of the Korets Monastery pending a review of the issue concerning the monastery’s counterclaim.
Archbishop of Izium offers condolences to families of Pechenihy victims
Archbishop Ioann called for prayers for the repose of those who died, the healing of the wounded, and comfort for their loved ones.
Dumenko “consecrates” Lviv premises donated to city by UOC eparchy
The OCU head visited Lviv and “consecrated” a new building of the UNBROKEN rehabilitation center in premises that previously belonged to the UOC’s Lviv Eparchy.
UGCC calls on OCU to leave West to them and focus on Eastern Ukraine
Uniates and representatives of the OCU argued online over Dumenko's visit to Lviv.
Relics of Dmitry Donskoy found in Kremlin during Cathedral restoration
During restoration work at the Archangel Cathedral of the Kremlin, the relics of Holy Right-Believing Grand Prince Dmitry Donskoy were discovered.
Konovalets temporarily reinterred at Kyiv cemetery
The remains of the OUN founder were reburied at the National Military Memorial Cemetery and will later be transferred to the Ukrainian Pantheon.