Ministry of Culture It's strange, but judges withdraw in the Tithe Church case

Tithe Monastery. Photo: hromadske.ua

The lawsuit on the demolition of the temple near the Church of the Tithes is dragging on, as two judges have already withdrawn themselves for unknown reasons. This was reported in the press service of the Ministry of Culture on Facebook.

The Ministry of Culture said that on May 16, 2023, an appeal of the UOC against the decision of the Economic Court, which had previously decided to dismantle the temple, was to be considered. However, the meeting did not take place due to the self-withdrawal of the second judge, the department noted.

“It is strange that for unknown reasons, two presiding judges have already withdrawn from the case. We hope that the consideration of the case will take place on May 16,” the Ministry of Culture said.

At the same time, the ministry emphasized that its position on the demolition of the temple remains "unchanged."

As reported by the UOJ, the court ruled to demolish the Church of the Tithes.

Read also

Armenian bishops call on authorities to stop Church persecution

At a meeting in Austria, hierarchs of the Armenian Apostolic Church reaffirmed their faithfulness to Catholicos Karekin II of All Armenians and called on the authorities to stop the persecution of the clergy.

Italian media: Ukrainian authorities persecute the country’s largest confession

The Italian outlet L’Identità reported on mass searches, the arrests of clergy, and the ban on the Ukrainian Orthodox Church, which it describes as the largest Church in Ukraine.

Festival marking Orthodox Youth Day held in UOC's Volyn Eparchy

In Lutsk, the UOC’s annual youth forum brought together parish groups, clergy, and participants in a creative program for Orthodox Youth Day.

London mayor switches on festive Ramadan lights

In London, the Muslim mayor inaugurated Ramadan illuminations: a central street was decorated with a “Happy Ramadan” sign and Islamic-style ornaments.

DESS: Ramadan is a time of special closeness to the Almighty

DESS congratulated Ukraine’s Muslims on the beginning of Ramadan.

Jehovah’s witness pastor sentenced in Lviv region for refusing TRC service

A court in Lviv region sentenced a Jehovah’s Witness pastor to five years in prison for unauthorized absence from his unit and for refusing to serve as a TRC cook.