MPs block Verkhovna Rada demanding to put the law on UOC ban for voting
Deputies blocked the Rada. Photo: screenshot from the Strana video
On May 21, MPs from the "European Solidarity" and "Voice" factions demanded to put Bill 8371, which effectively leads to the prohibition of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church, to a vote in the Verkhovna Rada, MP Oleksii Honcharenko reports.
The demands were not met, and MPs blocked the podium. In addition, those blocking the work of the Parliament demanded the creation of a commission to investigate the construction of fortifications.
The parliamentarians held placards, including "Moscow Church Kills". "Church-fortifications-drones," shouted "ES" representative Iryna Herashchenko.
Speaker of the Verkhovna Rada Ruslan Stefanchuk initially announced a break and then closed the session for today.
As the UOJ reported, a source from "Servant of the People" explained why the VR is not in a hurry to adopt Bill 8371.
Read also
BOC debunks false claims of disrupted service over RF ambassador's presence
The Metropolis described reports that the service had been disrupted as slander, explaining that the Primate's calls for order were prompted by the exceptionally large number of people in attendance.
Son of Chernihiv Eparchy priest killed on the front line
The Chernihiv Eparchy has extended its condolences to the family of the dean of the Sosnytsia District, calling on the faithful to pray for the fallen serviceman.
TRC detains priest of Ovruch Eparchy
TRC officers detained Archpriest Serhiy Bovsunovskyi of the UOC's Ovruch Eparchy at a checkpoint near Korosten.
Historic UOC church in Beryslav burns down in drone strike
A wooden church built in 1726 burned down after a drone strike in the Kherson region.
Oldest church in Kyiv celebrates its patronal feast
Metropolitan Victor led the festive service at the capital’s St. Elijah Church.
UOC Primate leads celebrations marking 510 years of Lavra skete in Horodok
In the Rivne Eparchy, the Primate of the UOC consecrated an icon of the Mother of God restored by the convent’s sisters.