TRC comments on situation with detention of Metropolitan Longin’s children
Illustrative photo. Source: comments.ua
The Chernivtsi Regional Territorial Recruitment and Social Support Center (TRC for short – Ed.) stated that they had detained the metropolitan's son, as mentioned in the video, because he did not provide the required documents, reports the local publication molbuk.ua.
Commenting on the metropolitan’s video address, the TRC claims that he misinterpreted the situation.
“The individual in the video is a reservist who, during a check, did not provide the authorized personnel with military registration documents, including proof of his right to a deferral. When the data was clarified at the regional joint mobilization center, the individual behaved appropriately and had no complaints about the actions of the military personnel. After providing the necessary documents, he was given the opportunity to formalize a deferral,” the statement reads.
The Chernivtsi Territorial Recruitment and Social Support Center expressed dissatisfaction with the fact that the clergyman gathered a group of people, which they said “hindered the military personnel from carrying out mobilization measures”. The agency also noted that the videos recorded by the metropolitan were intended to “create public outcry”.
“The Chernivtsi Regional TRC emphasize that no illegal actions were taken by TRC personnel against the individual,” the publication reported.
As the UOJ previously reported, on October 4, Metropolitan Longin (Zhar) of Bancheny revealed that his sons were forcibly mobilized by TRC officers. The metropolitan arrived at the TRC building and recorded a video appeal to President Zelensky, and hundreds of believers came to support him. The metropolitan's children were released the next day.
Read also
Faithful pray for UOC Primate at Lavra on enthronement anniversary
Several dozen believers gathered for a prayer vigil near the Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra on the 12th anniversary of the enthronement of His Beatitude Metropolitan Onuphry.
Budanov: There is no “Russian World” in Lavra – and never has been
Head of the Presidential Office Kyrylo Budanov said the Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra remains an Orthodox shrine beyond politics and the “Russian World.”
Metropolis of Bessarabia confirms Romania pays clergy in Moldova
Antonie (Telembici) said priests in his structure receive financial payments from Romania.
“Center of political thought”: Officials share vision for Lavra in 2051
Ukrainian officials shared their vision of the Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra’s future as a place of “spiritual strength.”
Nizhyn Eparchy venerates miraculous Borzna Icon of Mother of God
Hierarchs and clergy of the UOC eparchy celebrated the Divine Liturgy at St Nicholas Cathedral in the city of Borzna.
His Beatitude on enthronement anniversary: All our hope is in Christ alone
On the 12th anniversary of his enthronement, Metropolitan Onuphry addressed clergy and laity with words of gratitude and spiritual guidance.