Trump to attend Notre Dame Cathedral reopening in Paris

Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris. Photo: santosepulcro

President-elect Donald Trump has announced plans to visit Paris on December 7 to attend the grand reopening of Notre Dame Cathedral. According to the santosepulcro website, this will mark his first international trip since winning the presidential election in November.

On his social media platform, Truth, Trump stated: “It is an honor to announce that I will be traveling to Paris, France, on Saturday to attend the reopening of the magnificent and historic Notre Dame Cathedral, which has been fully restored after a devastating fire five years ago.”

Acknowledging the efforts of French President Emmanuel Macron, Trump added, “It will be a special day for all!”

The reopening will be a high-security affair. About 6,000 police officers and members of the gendarmerie will be deployed on Saturday and Sunday for the event, which is expected to be attended by about 50 heads of state and government, Paris police chief Laurent Nuñez said at a press conference. Pope Francis said in September he would not attend.

The reopening service, presided by Archbishop Laurent Ulrich, will be attended by Macron, other officials, donors and Parisian clergy. The service will include the singing of the Te Deum, the Magnificat, prayers for the world, and the Lord’s Prayer.

The following day, a solemn mass will be held, during which the archbishop will consecrate the cathedral’s main altar. Notre Dame will resume its daily schedule starting December 16.

As previously reported, one of the world’s most renowned cathedrals and an iconic symbol of Paris, Notre Dame is ready for its reopening on December 7 after a devastating fire and over five years of restoration work.

Read also

Priests and laity of Rivne Eparchy donate blood for children with cancer

In Rivne, the UOC clergy and laity have donated blood for children undergoing treatment for cancer.

Kyiv seminary students meet with People’s Artist Larisa Kadochnikova

Students of Kyiv’s theological schools spoke with the legend of Ukrainian cinema, who shared her memories of filming "Shadows of Forgotten Ancestors".

Bancheny Monastery reports provocation

The UOC monastery in Bancheny has reported a provocation by unidentified individuals.

Romanian Church to hold joint prayer for peace in Ukraine

On the fourth anniversary of the beginning of the war in Ukraine, special prayers for an end to the hostility will be offered in all churches of the Romanian Patriarchate, both in the country and abroad.

Armenian bishops call on authorities to stop Church persecution

At a meeting in Austria, hierarchs of the Armenian Apostolic Church reaffirmed their faithfulness to Catholicos Karekin II of All Armenians and called on the authorities to stop the persecution of the clergy.

Italian media: Ukrainian authorities persecute the country’s largest confession

The Italian outlet L’Identità reported on mass searches, the arrests of clergy, and the ban on the Ukrainian Orthodox Church, which it describes as the largest Church in Ukraine.