Trump joins a multi-thousand anti-abortion march in Washington

Over 150,000 people participated in the March for Life. Photo: Screenshot from CBN video

On January 24, 2025, a massive anti-abortion march took place in Washington, where U.S. President Donald Trump and Vice President J.D. Vance addressed the crowd. The event was broadcast live on the CBN channel.

According to organizers, the march drew over 150,000 participants, including Speaker of the House Mike Johnson, Senate Majority Leader John Thune, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, and others.

Speaking at the March for Life rally, the country’s largest anti-abortion event, Donald Trump and Vice President J.D. Vance announced that the U.S. Department of Justice would no longer target pro-life activists.

“I will also end the weaponization of law enforcement against Americans of faith, and I'm releasing Christians and pro-life activists who were persecuted by the Biden regime for praying and living out their faith,” Trump said in a video message to the march participants.

Vice President J.D. Vance, addressing the massive crowd, added: “No longer will our government throw pro-life protesters and activists, elderly grandparents, or anybody else in prison. It stopped on Monday and we're not going to let it come back to this.”

For Speaker of the House Mike Johnson (R-La.), this annual event is deeply personal: “I was born in January 1972. It was almost exactly the year before Roe v. Wade became the law of the land. I was the product of an unplanned teen pregnancy, and I am so eternally grateful that my mom and dad ignored all the people who told them to just 'take care' of that problem. And they chose to embrace life and to have me, the first of their four children. It's a simple fact, a very simple fact that if they had done that then, I would not be here. I often wonder who else we have missed and what those IND individuals might have contributed to our society and our world, but they were just never given the opportunity.”

“Our country has got to get back to God,” said 64-year-old Mary Summergren from Pennsylvania in an interview with the media. “Neither one – the president nor the vice president – has any problem saying this.” She added: “It feels as though the tide is turning. It’s OK to talk about God again.” (Note that Joe Biden, the previous president, was a devout Catholic – Ed.)

As previously reported by the Union of Orthodox Journalists, during Biden's presidency, the U.S. National Security Council stated that access to abortion is "our sacred duty".

Read also

UOC Primate blesses special prayer rule for Great Lent

Metropolitan Onuphry blessed to pray for peace in Ukraine during Great Lent.

In Britain, Christians are no longer majority

According to a Pew Research Center study, the share of Christians in the United Kingdom has fallen below 50%.

His Beatitude Onuphry addresses flock before Great Lent

The Primate of the UOC blessed the faithful for the upcoming Great Lent.

Lavra Reserve complains to UNESCO about heating and power outage

International experts studied possible threats to the Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra – from missile strikes to power and heating outages.

Konotop Eparchy Administration is under repair after shelling

The replacement of the windows damaged as a result of the shelling in the Church of All Saints and the building of the Konotop Eparchy has become possible thanks to donations from believers.

Priests and laity of Rivne Eparchy donate blood for children with cancer

In Rivne, the UOC clergy and laity have donated blood for children undergoing treatment for cancer.