Vice President Vance at the Pro-Life March: Every сhild is a gift from God

Photo: U.S. Vice President J.D. Vance. Source: AP

"We are here to proclaim the sacred truth of life: that every child is a miracle and a gift from God," said U.S. Vice President J.D. Vance during the National "March for Life" on January 24 in Washington, D.C.

As noted by American media, this was Vance's first public address since being sworn in as Vice President of the United States.

Addressing the thousands gathered, Vance expressed his honor in participating in the March for Life:

"For over a half century, this March has united tens of thousands of Americans from all walks of life to rally for the cause of life in our nation. It is the single largest gathering in the world to celebrate our movement, the victories we’ve fought so hard for, and yes, the victories yet to come," he said.

According to the Vice President, the mission of this movement is to protect innocent lives, to protect the unborn:

"We are here to proclaim the sacred truth of life: that every child is a miracle and a gift from God."

He shared that the birth of his three children was the greatest blessing of his life.

Vance urged the crowd to be "pro-family and pro-life in the fullest sense of that word possible." He assured attendees that with President Donald Trump's return on Monday, the U.S. has "the most pro-family, pro-life president in history."

Highlighting the challenges faced by many young parents, he criticized society and the government for failing in this essential responsibility:

"We failed a generation not only by permitting a culture of abortion on demand but also by neglecting young parents to achieve the ingredients they need to a happy and meaningful life."

In conclusion, he stated:

"Let me say very simply: I want more babies in the United States of America. I want more happy children in our country, and I want beautiful young men and women who are eager to welcome them into the world and eager to raise them."

As previously reported by UOJ, Donald Trump participated in the massive anti-abortion march in Washington, addressing 150,000 participants via video message.

Read also

"Stigmatization based on faith": DESS reprimands TSN for story about Muslims

DESS criticized TSN because "the investigation in the "1+1" news story immediately took on an accusatory bias, and the accused themselves were not given a voice."

His Beatitude Onuphry: Through fasting, man returns to Paradise

On Forgiveness Sunday, His Beatitude Metropolitan Onuphry reminded the faithful about Adam's fall and urged them to repent before Great Lent.

Archbishop of Greece speaks about his successor and the Church's future

On the occasion of the 18th anniversary of his leadership of the Greek Church, the Primate gave an interview in which he spoke about relations with the state, the situation in Sinai, and the challenges of the modern world.

In Barcelona, Sagrada Familia’s central tower completed after 144 years

In Barcelona, a glass cross was installed on the Sagrada Familia temple, completing the central tower and bringing the building to the height of 172.5 meters.

On Forgiveness Sunday, His Beatitude Onuphry celebrates Liturgy at Lavra

During Cheesefare Week, His Beatitude Metropolitan Onuphry celebrated the Liturgy at the Kiev-Pechersk Lavra, addressed the flock with a sermon, and offered prayers for peace and the preservation of Ukraine's people.

In Hnidyn, St. Nicholas Church of UOC damaged by shelling

As a result of shelling, the St. Nicholas Church of the UOC in the village of Hnidyn of the Boryspil Eparchy was damaged.