Bortnik: Adding Usik and Lomachenko, “Mirotvorets” discredited itself

Absolute world champion in the first heavyweight, Ukrainian boxer Alexander Usik. Photo: xsport.ua

The Mirotvorets electronic database discredited itself when it published the data of outstanding Ukrainian boxers – absolute world champion Alexander Usik and two-time Olympic champion Vasily Lomachenko, said Ruslan Bortnik, the director of the Ukrainian Institute for Policy Analysis and Management.

“To add Usik and Lomachenko, the unconditional stars of Ukraine, heroes for the youth, heroes for the society, simply means to completely discredit ‘Mirotvorets’ itself,” he said in an interview with a UOJ correspondent. “That’s it. If earlier it was intended as an element of political, informational pressure on people who have a different political position, then adding the idols of society there, it seems to me that this is just ...”

The expert emphasized that resources such as “Mirotvorets” accuse people unreasonably. They should simply be blocked, and since this did not happen, it means that there has not yet been a change in the political course, Bortnik believes.

“The fact that this tool continues to work, despite all the calls of the European Union and numerous international organizations to stop its activity, suggests that in the country so far insufficient changes have occurred regarding the change in the political course,” the political expert noted.

In October 2019, at a meeting of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine Committee on Freedom of Speech, Deputy Head of the UN Monitoring Mission Benjamin Moreau announced the need to close the scandalous “Mirotvorets” website.

On May 6, 2020, world-famous boxers Alexander Usik and Vasily Lomachenko were added to the Mirotvorets electronic database as “opponents of the independence of Ukrainian Orthodoxy from the Russian Orthodox Church controlled by the Russian Orthodox Church”.

Read also

"Stigmatization based on faith": DESS reprimands TSN for story about Muslims

DESS criticized TSN because "the investigation in the "1+1" news story immediately took on an accusatory bias, and the accused themselves were not given a voice."

His Beatitude Onuphry: Through fasting, man returns to Paradise

On Forgiveness Sunday, His Beatitude Metropolitan Onuphry reminded the faithful about Adam's fall and urged them to repent before Great Lent.

Archbishop of Greece speaks about his successor and the Church's future

On the occasion of the 18th anniversary of his leadership of the Greek Church, the Primate gave an interview in which he spoke about relations with the state, the situation in Sinai, and the challenges of the modern world.

In Barcelona, Sagrada Familia’s central tower completed after 144 years

In Barcelona, a glass cross was installed on the Sagrada Familia temple, completing the central tower and bringing the building to the height of 172.5 meters.

On Forgiveness Sunday, His Beatitude Onuphry celebrates Liturgy at Lavra

During Cheesefare Week, His Beatitude Metropolitan Onuphry celebrated the Liturgy at the Kiev-Pechersk Lavra, addressed the flock with a sermon, and offered prayers for peace and the preservation of Ukraine's people.

In Hnidyn, St. Nicholas Church of UOC damaged by shelling

As a result of shelling, the St. Nicholas Church of the UOC in the village of Hnidyn of the Boryspil Eparchy was damaged.