Abbot of Lavra: Epifaniy and Filaret will vanish but the Church will stand
Metropolitan Pavel. Photo: lavra.ua
In his homily in the church of Agapit of the Caves, the abbot of the Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra, Metropolitan Pavel (Lebed) told the believers that Epifaniy Dumenko and Filaret Denisenko would disappear, but the Church would continue to exist, reports the UOJ.
“Every day I ask you to overcome fear, not to fall away, not to betray, to save the Church – this is the most important thing. Epifaniy will leave, Filaret will leave, but the Church will stand,” said Metropolitan Pavel.
“I did not recognize either Filaret or these people who act against the Church and against holy Orthodoxy. If I told a lie that they were legal, I would be sinning before God. These people do not deserve our being angry with them, we need to pray, as Christ went to suffering for our salvation,” he added.
“Yesterday there were radicals in the Lavra, their T-shirts read: 'Let us listen to Satan. Let us communicate with Satan.' This is a war against Orthodoxy,” Vladyka said.
The abbot of the Lavra added that he would never betray the Church and was ready to suffer for Christ.
“I will not betray my Church and the UOC. I am not afraid to stand before God. We preach the Logos. I want to suffer for Christ and I'm not afraid of it, and I'm going to court if the Lord grants such an honor. I tell those in power that their power will pass and I suggest that they think about their children. This is not a threat, not a curse,” Metropolitan Pavel summed up.
As the UOJ previously reported, the trial of Metropolitan Pavel was postponed until Monday.
Read also
Priests and laity of Rivne Eparchy donate blood for children with cancer
In Rivne, the UOC clergy and laity have donated blood for children undergoing treatment for cancer.
Kyiv seminary students meet with People’s Artist Larisa Kadochnikova
Students of Kyiv’s theological schools spoke with the legend of Ukrainian cinema, who shared her memories of filming "Shadows of Forgotten Ancestors".
Bancheny Monastery reports provocation
The UOC monastery in Bancheny has reported a provocation by unidentified individuals.
Romanian Church to hold joint prayer for peace in Ukraine
On the fourth anniversary of the beginning of the war in Ukraine, special prayers for an end to the hostility will be offered in all churches of the Romanian Patriarchate, both in the country and abroad.
Armenian bishops call on authorities to stop Church persecution
At a meeting in Austria, hierarchs of the Armenian Apostolic Church reaffirmed their faithfulness to Catholicos Karekin II of All Armenians and called on the authorities to stop the persecution of the clergy.
Italian media: Ukrainian authorities persecute the country’s largest confession
The Italian outlet L’Identità reported on mass searches, the arrests of clergy, and the ban on the Ukrainian Orthodox Church, which it describes as the largest Church in Ukraine.