Chief Lawyer: It is premature to declare the victory of OCU in Krasnoselka

Archpriest Alexander Bakhov. Photo: news.church.ua

It is premature to declare the victory of the OCU in the village of Krasnoselka, Vinnytsia region, where the raider seizure of the St. John the Theological Church of the UOC took place on September 3, 2021. The head of the Legal Department of the UOC, Archpriest Alexander Bakhov, said this in a comment to the UOJ.

He recalled that the religious community of the UOC in the village of Krasnoselka challenged in court the compulsory re-registration in the OCU, which was carried out according to the standard scheme by the decision of the Vinnytsia Regional Administration.

According to the lawyer, the rulings of the judges in this process were biased “since we have repeatedly come across the fact that they are looking for flaws in our applications so as not to accept them for consideration. Thus, the Supreme Court did not accept for consideration the cassation appeal filed by the religious community”.

“Despite this, at this stage, the means of protection of the religious community from raider seizure have not been exhausted, and the case is not closed yet. There are mechanisms that allow the community to further defend its rights,” said Archpriest Alexander Bakhov.

As far as it is known, the head of the Legal Department added, the Krasnoselka community of the UOC has an intention to continue the struggle for its rights, and it is premature to declare the victory of the OCU supporters.

He also clarified that the court decided on the issue of illegal re-registration of the community but not on the ownership or use of the temple. It is not known on the basis of what documents the representatives of the OCU entered it "but it is clear that this temple does not belong to them".

As reported, on September 3, supporters of the OCU seized the St. John the Theological Church in Krasnoselka, previously sealed by the police. The next day, the schismatics performed a "thanksgiving prayer" in it and assured that they had entered the church "on the basis of the decision of the courts of all instances".

Read also

Priests and laity of Rivne Eparchy donate blood for children with cancer

In Rivne, the UOC clergy and laity have donated blood for children undergoing treatment for cancer.

Kyiv seminary students meet with People’s Artist Larisa Kadochnikova

Students of Kyiv’s theological schools spoke with the legend of Ukrainian cinema, who shared her memories of filming "Shadows of Forgotten Ancestors".

Bancheny Monastery reports provocation

The UOC monastery in Bancheny has reported a provocation by unidentified individuals.

Romanian Church to hold joint prayer for peace in Ukraine

On the fourth anniversary of the beginning of the war in Ukraine, special prayers for an end to the hostility will be offered in all churches of the Romanian Patriarchate, both in the country and abroad.

Armenian bishops call on authorities to stop Church persecution

At a meeting in Austria, hierarchs of the Armenian Apostolic Church reaffirmed their faithfulness to Catholicos Karekin II of All Armenians and called on the authorities to stop the persecution of the clergy.

Italian media: Ukrainian authorities persecute the country’s largest confession

The Italian outlet L’Identità reported on mass searches, the arrests of clergy, and the ban on the Ukrainian Orthodox Church, which it describes as the largest Church in Ukraine.