Thousands of Christians unite in major “March for Jesus” in Belfast
"March for Jesus" in Belfast. Photo: Irish News Facebook
On May 16, 2026, thousands of people took to the streets of Belfast for a non-denominational “March for Jesus,” Christian Today reports.
Organizers described the event as a declaration that “Jesus is Lord over this city,” emphasizing an atmosphere of "joy, faith, and the presence of God." Participants from different communities sang hymns together and carried banners dedicated solely to the Savior.
To underscore the spiritual nature of the event, organizers asked believers not to bring national flags, which often spark controversy in the region. Instead, pilgrims carried signs reading, “Our nation for Jesus.”
"It was an incredible time seeing churches and Christians from across the nation come together. We're all here in unity to celebrate Jesus and to let people know that he is the hope of the world," march participant Deborah McCracken said.
Another participant, Luke Dean from the United States, said that in times of darkness, believers must bear witness to the light and salvation given by the Lord.
This year’s march was presented as a family event without politics, focused on common prayer in the heart of Belfast. According to organizers, a similar event last year drew around 8,000 people.
As previously reported by the UOJ, a march against the Islamization of the country drew thousands in the United Kingdom. Such initiatives show that spiritual values, rather than political interests, can become the foundation for peace and harmony in society.
Read also
Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra monk reposes in the Lord
Monk Vasylii passed away after a long illness on the leave-taking of Pascha, in the 74th year of his life.
Thousands of Christians unite in major “March for Jesus” in Belfast
In Northern Ireland, believers of different denominations set aside political slogans and national flags for the sake of public witness to Christ.
Unknown vandal beheads statue of Christ at New York Catholic church
A vandal destroyed a statue of Christ in the garden of St. Mary’s Parish and hid the severed head in nearby bushes by the church.
Relics of Venerable Olympia of Fărcașa uncovered in Romania
After the rite of uncovering the relics in the village of Fărcașa, a moleben was served, and Bishop Nichifor spoke about the life of the newly glorified Romanian saint.
One of the UOC’s oldest clerics reposes in the Lord
Archpriest Mykhail Makeev served without interruption at St. George’s Church in the village of Selyshche for more than 60 years, restoring the ancient shrine from ruins.
Thousands join cross procession to Bancheny Monastery
Several thousand pilgrims are taking part in a prayerful procession to the Holy Ascension Monastery on the eve of the Feast of the Ascension of the Lord.