Host of the Cannes Film Festival requests that RCC "unbaptize" him
The actor also commented on his view of religion, stating that “religion is afraid of art”.
Actor Laurent Lafitte, the host of the opening ceremony of the 78th Cannes Film Festival, announced his intention to renounce his baptism. He shared this in an interview with the French resource Libération.
“I wrote to the diocese where I was baptized, but I haven’t received a response. I’ll have to remind them,” Lafitte said.
The actor also commented on his attitude toward religion, stating: “Religion is afraid of art because art is a tool of liberation, while religion wants to keep its believers in captivity.”
As previously reported by the UOJ, Metropolitan Nektarios of Kerkyra said that Europe has rejected Christ and returned to sin.
0
0
If you notice an error, select the required text and press Ctrl+Enter or Submit an error to report it to the editors.
Read also
Hollywood Catholic actors remind of the spiritual meaning of Great Lent
19 February 22:05
MP Huz discusses seizure of UOC monastery in Myltsi with Volyn RMA head
19 February 21:43
Yelets Icon of Mother of God venerated in ancient monastery of Chernihiv
19 February 20:24