"Right Sector" protests against the only UOC church in Ternopil
July 24, Ternopil, at the Cathedral in honor of "Faith, Hope and Charity and their mother Sophia" representatives of the "Right Sector" initiated a protest action against the Ukrainian Orthodox Church. According to the UOC source, the faithful had to call the police.
"About 10 people, many of whom were wearing a camouflage uniform, came to our church, unfolded placards that our Church is supposedly sponsoring separatists (it was written that the Pochaev Lavra sends 100 thousand euros for weapons to Moscow every week), – says the parishioner of the Ternopil church Oleg Davydenko. – With the blessing of His Grace, we called the police. At first they refused to come, arguing that there was not anything illegal and everyone was entitled to their opinion. "
Later, the police arrived. A protocol was drawn up. The agitators ceased their activity – folded up their placards and stopped handing out leaflets. The confrontation was prevented.
This is not the first case of radicals’ arrival under the walls of the Ternopil church. Similar protest action was held by nationalists a month and a half ago.
Photo from FB page by Eugen Tyvoniak.
Read also
Vicar of Khust Eparchy performs monastic tonsure at Lypcha Convent
The new nun was tonsured with the name Xenia.
Volyn Eparchy of UOC holds "Favor" youth festival
The Orthodox youth forum will last until the Feast of the Dormition of the Most Holy Theotokos.
Vinnytsia Metropolitan expresses words of support to Sviatohirsk Lavra brotherhood
Bishop Varsonofiy expressed deep grief over the murder of a monk of the Sviatohirsk Lavra.
US Protestant congregation hires transgender as pastor
A transgender lesbian will lead a Protestant congregation as interim pastor.
Ostapenko voices frustration over Upper Lavra court proceedings
The Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra case was postponed until September 29, a move that drew criticism from the head of the reserve.
Historic UOC church destroyed in shelling of frontline village of Horsk
St. Nicholas Church, built in 1908–1911, burned down after shelling on August 26.