In London, over 10,000 Christians take to streets in anti-abortion march
Youth at the "March for Life" in the UK. Photo: thecatholicherald.com
On September 6, 2025, the annual "March for Life" took place in London, with more than 10,000 people participating to stand for the protection of unborn children. This was reported by Christian Today.
The march began with prayer and worship services, after which participants proceeded to Parliament Square. The majority of participants were Christians, but atheists who shared the march's goals also joined. There were reports of isolated provocations from abortion supporters, but the event was generally peaceful.
This year's March for Life was supported by a number of Christian leaders including Anglican and Catholic bishops, evangelist Glen Scrivener, Christian Concern CEO Andrea Williams, evangelical theologian Dr Aaron Edwards, Carla Lockhart MP, and pro-life campaigner Regan King. Reflecting on the success of the day, co-organizer of the "March for Life" Isabel Vaughan-Spruce said that, more than the numbers, she was delighted to hear so many amazing stories of pro-life advocacy across the country.
Dr Edwards said the event had been an important "public witness in the hope of having the stain of abortion removed from our land". Scrivener said he could "really see some of the truth-bombs at Parliament Square landing with force on counter- and other protestors". Adam Smith-Connor, previously convicted for praying outside an abortion clinic, called the march "a fantastic witness" to the sanctity of life.
Organizers are confident that such events help change culture and strengthen the value of human life from conception.
Earlier, the UOJ reported that in Canada, there was a proposal to apply euthanasia to infants with severe illnesses.
Read also
Priests and laity of Rivne Eparchy donate blood for children with cancer
In Rivne, the UOC clergy and laity have donated blood for children undergoing treatment for cancer.
Kyiv seminary students meet with People’s Artist Larisa Kadochnikova
Students of Kyiv’s theological schools spoke with the legend of Ukrainian cinema, who shared her memories of filming "Shadows of Forgotten Ancestors".
Bancheny Monastery reports provocation
The UOC monastery in Bancheny has reported a provocation by unidentified individuals.
Romanian Church to hold joint prayer for peace in Ukraine
On the fourth anniversary of the beginning of the war in Ukraine, special prayers for an end to the hostility will be offered in all churches of the Romanian Patriarchate, both in the country and abroad.
Armenian bishops call on authorities to stop Church persecution
At a meeting in Austria, hierarchs of the Armenian Apostolic Church reaffirmed their faithfulness to Catholicos Karekin II of All Armenians and called on the authorities to stop the persecution of the clergy.
Italian media: Ukrainian authorities persecute the country’s largest confession
The Italian outlet L’Identità reported on mass searches, the arrests of clergy, and the ban on the Ukrainian Orthodox Church, which it describes as the largest Church in Ukraine.